Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Whacky Tach readings anyone?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Jonny Black's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 26th, 2003
    Posts
    31
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    sounds like your igniter in your dizzy might be going. see if you can borrow a good one, just to make sure.


    Jon

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member CROM's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 1999
    Posts
    1,202
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Its the BTC. In the beginning I had my BTC ghetto wired to my distributor harness under the hood, the wires seemed to never make great contact with each other and my Tach would bounce all over the place sometimes...eventually my car quit working all together and I rewired the thing at the ECU using proper connectors, etc.. I havent had a problem since.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Petie's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2000
    Posts
    92
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm just wondering if my BTC is developing a problem. I've noticed that around 3500 RPM my tach starts fluctuating like it can't get a good read on what's really happening under the hood. Sometimes it's just a momentary hiccup and sometimes it bounces around all the way up the RPM range, making it hard to hit shift points. It just seems like a timing thing. Any connections I should be checking?

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Petie's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2000
    Posts
    92
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks CROM. I actually had the whole package dealer installed (for a good price), so I should be able to get him to tighten it up. As long as it's the electrical connections I'm okay. I was getting worried that the pressure sensing mechanism in the BTC was starting to stick or something and I might have to get a new one.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •